Here is a recipe for some really good and simple Donuts in 15 min
- 1 1/4 cups (176g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp (42g) melted butter
- 3 - 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
Pour about 1/2-inch oil into a large saute pan or pot and heat over medium heat to 355 degrees F. (keeping an eye on it as it is heating). Meanwhile prepare donut dough.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
Separately whisk together buttermilk and melted butter. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and using a fork, stir in dry ingredients and mix just until combine (be careful no to over-work dough).
Roll dough into 1/2 Tbsp balls. Once the oil has reached 355 degrees F, fry about 1/2 the dough balls at a time.
Fry until just golden brown on bottom, then flip and cook reverse side until golden brown.
Carefully remove with a spider strainer or metal tongs drain onto a paper towel lined baking sheet.
Pour 1/3 cup sugar into a dish, roll donuts in sugar. Repeat this process with remaining dough.
- Cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar or a vanilla glaze are other great options for coating fried donuts.
- Use a thermometer to take temperature of oil so donuts fry up properly.
- Don't try to fry all the donut holes at once, otherwise you'll lower the temperature of the oil and they won't fry properly (they'll start absorbing the grease).
- These are best eaten within a few hours
Wanna buy me a coffee? now you can, its much appreciated.
If you want me to cover a topic or you just want to say Hello, Email me @ email@example.com
If you give me a topic, I'll Send you a sticker and shout you out on the podcast.
I look forward to hearing from you, and all those interesting things the keep this world moving.
Check out these podcasts:
The Untrained Eye
The Angry Dad Podcast
Missing Souls Podcast
Killmore Girls Podcast
Lowtree Studios is a place where podcast enthusiasts come for all of their podcast needs. We make it effortless for listeners to discover, connect and engage with quality podcasts, all in one place.
un cielo de distancia by Barradeen | https://soundcloud.com/barradeen
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported